What are the requirements to apply to the DPT Programs?
Students are eligible to apply to the DPT Programs in the Summer after Second Year
- Students must apply through Physical Therapy Centralized Application System (PTCAS) to both Rutgers Newark – North and Rutgers Blackwood – South Campuses
- Generally, PTCAS opens July 1
- Applications must be completed by September 1
- Requirements for Application for DPT Programs:
- A minimum GPA of 3.5
- All course grades must be a B or higher
- If a grade of C is received, that course must be re-taken by the time of application into the DPT 4+3 Program, and a letter grade of B or higher needs to be achieved in that course.
- Submitted official GRE scores
- The GRE must be taken within 5 years prior to the application date
- Completed all required courses per recommended in Pre-PT Concentration course plan
- Three Letters of Recommendation (Two from licensed PT’s & One from a Professor with whom the applicant has taken course work)
- A minimum of 200 PT hours in total in a minimum of two different settings under the direct supervision of a licensed physical therapist
- The Joint Program Oversight Committee (JPOC) will meet to review applications deemed complete with all requirements met.
- Students will be applying to both the Rutgers DPT North - Newark and Rutgers DPT South - Blackwood Graduate Programs in the summer of the Second Year of study. If accepted into a Rutgers graduate program, students should understand that they do not have a choice of which campus they will go to and that they are willing to go to either campus.