What is the Pre-PT Concentration?
This concentration within the Exercise Science Major is designed to prepare students who will be applying to the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) 4+3 Program. Once accepted into the Pre-PT Concentration, this will provide these students with beneficial opportunities such as seminars, career development workshops, volunteering opportunities, and etc.
Who is eligible to apply for this concentration?
- Declared Exercise Science Majors in the Spring of their First Year
- At the Kinesiology and Health Declaration Meeting, students who are eligible will be granted access to the Pre-PT Concentration application.
- Students planning to apply must satisfy the following requirements:
- Must maintain a minimum of 3.3 GPA during First Year Fall Semester at Rutgers University
- Can have no more than one C in any course
- If a grade of C is received, that course must be re-taken by the time of application into the DPT 4+3 Program, and a letter grade of B or higher needs to be achieved in that course.
- Must have completed the following courses at Rutgers University during their First Year Fall Semester
- 01:119:115 General Biology
- 01:377:140 Foundations of Kinesiology and Health